NGO “Responsible citizens” started its activities as an initiative group of residents of Donetsk region in 2014 to help people affected by the military conflict in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Principles that guide the organization: Humanity, apoliticalness, neutrality, transparency and publicity.
The organization’s assistance is divided into several main areas:
- Humanitarian assistance of goods and services.
- Support people who need to obtain medical assistance or need access to education but could not manage themselves.
- RC’ employees conduct information campaigns of ATO zone citizens on mine awareness.
- In partnership with international and national agencies is implementing projects on beneficiaries’ monitoring and their needs assessment, and also humanitarian aid providing in Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
- Community base support projects developing activity in a suffered through the conflict communities and communities of IDPs.
- NGO “Responsible citizens” is working in a close contact with UN OCHA for the better cooperation and qualified humanitarian aid providing.
- Volunteer group “Responsible citizens” closely cooperates with international and national media in order to inform about needs and problems faced by people in ATO zone.
Partners and Donors in projects: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, United Nations World Food Program, International Organization for Migration, United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), People in Need, Save the Children, Doctors Without Borders, Danish Refugee Council, United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and others.